Thursday, March 20, 2008

R 'n' Beat

I've complained about it before, but nowadays the radiostations and music TV channels are all the same. A little radio-pop, a little rock/indie, a little hip hop and way too much R 'n' B.

Now even the very few electronic/dance tracks which make it big and sells gold or platinum still struggles for some air time or TV play. But in the middle of all the distress small signs point towards better times, I truly hope they will come.

Some of the R 'n' B artists are actually starting to get influences from the electronic scene. Hopefully they will open the public eye to the joy and energy of house, eurodance and similar genres!

Even though I can find real R 'n' B songs I like quite a lot more, tracks like Justin Timberlake's "My Love", Kanye West's "Stronger" etc. clearly have found inspiration in the electronic music. And lately one of the best R 'n' B tracks to be released for years also have some influences from the electronic club scene, Rihanna's "Don't Stop The Music"


If only all R 'n' B songs would become like this I'd be happy to turn on the radio again.

No comments: